FIRST RESPONDER TRAINING
Developed to elevate first responders' understanding of plugin electric vehicle (EV) technology and introduce a process for mitigating risk when encountering an accident scene involving these vehicles.
First Responder Training with E2inc
EJTC Enterprises (E2inc) and Sun Country Academy have announced an agreement that will see E2inc delivering Sun Country’s electric vehicle education curriculum at locations across Canada.
The first priority for both organizations is to promote safe emergency response to road incidents involving electric vehicles, especially where first responders need to rescue drivers or passengers.
Under the agreement, Sun Country Academy will train and certify E2inc trainers in electric vehicle education for first responders. Training is to be available for fire, police and paramedical services, as well as towing company operators by late summer 2016.
Receive hands-on electric vehicle training from our staff of highly experienced and factory trained instructors
An 80-hour hands-on training program to prepare first responders for accidents involving electric vehicles. The curriculum includes detailed coverage on dealing with response challenges posed by various types of electrified vehicles including: Hybrid Electric Vehicles, Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles, Battery Electric Vehicles, and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles.
- An Introduction to Electric Vehicles
- Hybrid and EV Identification
- EV Walkaround and Factory Safety Features
- EV Battery Charging Systems
- EV Accident Scene SOP Securing, Jacking, Hoisting, and Cutting EVs
- Electric Vehicle Do’s and Don’ts
- Using the Emergency Response Guide High Voltage System
- Disabling Lithium Ion Fire Suppression
- Environmental and Cleanup Considerations