AUTO BODY & REPAIR TECHNICIAN TRAINING
An 8-hour hands-on training program that looks to prepare auto body technicians, automotive collision
repair professionals and body shops with fundamental knowledge of plug-in electric vehicle technologies.
Academy provides training programs developed and designed to ensure the safety of EV drivers, first responders, mechanics and the general public.
Receive hands-on electric vehicle training from our staff of highly experienced and factory trained instructors
Our OEM approved training program was developed for body shops and collision repair professionals with the primary goal to ensure safety and mitigate high voltage risks involved with repairing a damaged electric vehicle.
This Electric Vehicle (EV) training program aims to help eliminate the risks taken by auto body technicians and other collision repair professionals when repairing electrified vehicles that have been steadily increasing in population since 2009. The curriculum includes detailed coverage on the safety protocols necessary during the service and repair of various types of electrified vehicles including: Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles, and Battery Electric Vehicles
- An Introduction to Electric Vehicles
- Hybrid and EV Identification
- EV Walk-around and Safety Features
- Risk Assessment and Required PPE
- EV High Voltage Disabling
- Keeping Yourself and Others Safe
- Securing, Jacking, Hoisting, and Cutting EVs
- Electric Vehicle Do’s and Don’ts
- Accessing OEM Quick Reference Guides
- Accessing and Using OEM Repair Information
- Lithium Ion battery chemical and fire safety
- Common EV structural materials